REBA’s Vision and Mission
The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) is an alliance of large clean energy buyers, developers, and service providers who, together with NGO partners, are unlocking the marketplace for all non-residential energy buyers to lead a rapid transition to a cleaner, prosperous, zero-carbon energy future. REBA’s vision is a resilient zero-carbon energy system where every organization has a viable, expedient, and cost-effective pathway to renewable energy.
REBA’s Theory of Change
Large energy consumers have the buying power and collective voice to change markets, and they have a unique, critical role in driving a zero-carbon energy future. REBA offers these large energy buyers one organization to support them in planning and meeting their energy needs with clean, affordable renewable energy. Within this overarching theory of change, REBA:
· Provides transactional education and support to energy buyers
· Connects a U.S. and global network of renewable energy buyers
· Provides thought leadership
· Evolves markets through policy and advocacy
· Drives market and technology innovations
REBA’s members include over 300 companies, including over 180 large clean energy buyers, who, together, announced about 6.5GW of renewable energy deals in 2018, 100% of which included at least one REBA participant.
Our Brief History
The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance was founded in 2014 by four prominent non-profit organizations—Business for Social Responsibility (BSR), Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI), World Resources Institute (WRI), and World Wildlife Fund (WWF)—in collaboration with a group of leading corporate renewable energy buyers. In July 2018, the four NGOs decided to spin out their respective U.S.-based REBA initiatives to form the Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance of today.
· Service: to colleagues, members, and REBA’s mission
· Respect: in our treatment of people and the planet
· Excellence: in our programs and our work
· Integrity: in how we conduct ourselves
Our Career Development Philosophy
We believe that supporting our team members in their career goals and professional growth leads to a highly engaged organization that contributes to REBA’s success. We are committed to offering guidance, mentorship, and access to education and growth opportunities that allow team members to enhance current skills, develop new capabilities and participate in learning experiences that help them advance their career at REBA and in related fields.
We offer competitive compensation, plus a comprehensive benefits package that aims to develop a world class team by holistically supporting the individual. REBA believes that supporting all employees to have a full life, inside and outside of work, results in a team that feels personally engaged in REBA’s success.
• Quality Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, with substantial employer subsidy
• 401(k), with employer match
• Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Generous Parental Leave for both mothers and fathers to bond when new children enter a family
• Commuter and Wellness Benefits
Casual Work Environment
• Highly Flexible PTO
• Earned sabbatical policy
Our Commitment to Diversity
Diversity of our workforce is one of our core beliefs at REBA and we strive to achieve a level of diversity within our organization that reflects the communities that we serve. Achieving this diversity—whether of race, gender, sexual orientation, or ability—is critical to our long-term success.
More on REBA: https://vimeo.com/326858011